If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Festive Countdown to the Holidays Muffin Tin Advent Calendar

It is that time again, time to get busy making holiday gifts.  Yes, you read that correctly.  If you are anything like me you want to be done by the time the snow starts flying so I start early preparing, planning, creating! I love these calendars.  I have given many as gifts.  They are so easy to make with the right pieces and parts!  They are really fun to make with kids of all ages!  Pre-cut, industrial grade, self adhesive magnet cut into circles is the base, then I added my favorite cardstock, stickers, 3-D embellishments, ribbon and more!  Once I have finished decorating, I took my hand dandy big bite and made two holes about 2 inches apart in the top of my 12 count mini muffin tin.  I threaded red ribbon through the top, filled the holes with miniature gifts, notes, and goodies wrap it up and away it goes!  I got together with some of my young friends and let them make one of their own it was so fun to see the results- Once it is filled and hanging" kids" of all ages will enjoy checking everyday as it counts down the the big day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this project, but where do you find the Industrial magnets?

    ReplyDelete