If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Faux French Country



I love French country the look and feel.  For me it has to do with the colors and patterns that when mixed and matched tend to take on a life of their own.  Since I am working on using up the supplies that I have, I have started making these little piles in my to do box of paper that I have envisioned a  good use for.  This particular pile has been calling my name for quite some time and when I finally sat down to create-out popped these "french country" roosters.  I don't want to offend any decorator with my whimsical rendition, this was my own take on that wonderful artistic style. It is like scrap-booking , after a number of years I found a style that fit me-collage, but neat, orderly, I guess you could say collage for obsessive compulsive disorders...these roosters reminded me of how much I enjoy mixing patterns and papers-backgrounds wings, bodies.  I enjoyed it so much!  So here are a few patterns that I have made so far-I am not done by any means so a trip to the coop will be making an appearance again...

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Suz! Have you seen the new Graphic 45 French Country??? Gorgeous! And, they now have it in 6 x 6 pads for us cardmakers! Woo-Hoooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the heads up! I will have to get some of that-you know one can never have too much paper...

      Delete