If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Monday, July 2, 2012

One more for the road-since for me it seems like creativity comes in waves and I can't seem to post regularly...good thing I don't get paid as a blogger.  I have been busy working on my "studio" creative space what ever you would like to call it-in my spare (ha ha) time.  It is starting to really come together and I am excited-even though it is in an unfinished basement.  So I will follow soon with some photos.  Just so you don't think I am slacking or anything. Time to make dinner.  A yummy pasta salad.

If you know me at all you know I love roosters-I used to have Rhode Island red hens growing up and love the french country feel.  Black furniture, chicken wire, deep reds and of course polka dots! I saw this card in a challenge and decided to try it-I used this great double sided paper (a must) it is so whimsical and goes well with the roosters and script on the background.  I love this saying-it goes along with my "every day matters".  It was a little challenging for me to get the folds just right.  I practiced on a plain piece of paper first-good thing!  It was just plain fun to make and I can think of lots of fun ideas to use this pattern for-birthday's and manly man cards.  Makes a statement without being frilly.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! Love the style...must try this one! Absolutely can be dressed up or down...feminine or masculine...Love it!
    Btw, thank you for my wonderful birthday card and your note...it was sooooo good to hear from you!
    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    I am so glad! I love that stamp set. This card is fun-a little challenging in the folds. Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete