If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Holiday Craft Show Goodies

Wow I think that I am the worst blogger (can I even call myself a blogger?) It is fall again, one of my very favorite time of the year-mostly for the pumpkin everything!  We have been enjoying wonderfully unseasonable weather of the nearly 90, yes 90 degrees in October-kinda puts a damper on my desire to have hot cocoa.  But you know Colorado weather one day a sunburn the next snow...

I have been working on my Etsy Stores, Whimsical Cotton and Requires Postage.  And I am so excited to be working on 2 holiday craft shows-so I wanted to show some of the fun things I have been creating.  I thought this year I would make some quick and easy gift giving items.  The holidays never get any calmer and I figured that I could make some quick gifts to stock pile for that time coming very quickly, I won't say the days-it makes me stress out!!!

So these cocoa cups I thought turned out so cute-can you tell I love snowmen?  Just wait I think you will get that soon enough!  I think they would be a great gift with a gift card?!

So this was the next super fun ah, snowman (are you seeing the theme here?) I thought he could be used as an ornament or giant tag and do double duty as a gift card holder.  I mean I needed to face the fact that people love to give gift cards ( I admit sometimes it is just easier) so why not be really cute too?  And going along with the hot cocoa or favorite beverage idea I made some mug rugs/coasters-I used holiday fabrics and made Snowmen, Gingerbread men, Apples, Chickens, and even a few pet ones, Tea Pot, Tea Cups and Coffee Cups. To me they were so quick to whip up and I packaged them for sale with a gift card holder.  I love the packaging so they also include a cute label.  I am going to decorate my table using whimsical rustic things-like wire baskets, old loaf pans and a frame with chicken wire-so that I can clip samples on it.  Trying to put everything into a small space and still have it be cute can be difficult-this year I started early to play around with display options!  More things coming..,tiny felt ornaments and table mats...
Went to the Pumpkin patch on Saturday me and my fellow 6,000 neighbors-OK probably not that many but it certainly felt like it.  It was downright hot-but it was even more inspiring for me to get going and get making, pumpkin bread, donuts, french toast-

No comments:

Post a Comment