If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Small in the world

Do you ever feel insulated and small?  I watch the news sometimes and feel like where have I been?  I have been watching the Olympics and thinking to myself, wow I have never been driven to compete like that in my entire life.  I wonder what that feels like.  I listen to the stories about the parents who gave up literally everything so that their child could go and live a dream.  Their home countries, jobs, sacrificing so much.  It has really caused me to reflect on desire and commitment.  Sometimes I wonder about the smallness of my life, the small circle that I travel in.  I have never had any desire to travel the world.  I have been in several other countries but I have never wanted to plant myself there.  I have always been glad to get back to the states and see the familiar countryside. I am settled and happy.  But sometimes I wonder about that drive...I like this quote that is next to my computer, I am all about quotes-Live with intention and every day matters.  Some days it feels like I work all day and there is nothing to show for it?  Then I think to myself, what am I looking for to "show for it"  Sometimes a made bed and some answered email just has to be it.  Designing takes a lot of time and Me the list maker needs to be patient with that process and accept that fact that some days it is just going to take me longer to get done what I think needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment