If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Thursday, January 21, 2010

All for the love of Hearts


I began making cards with fabric because it was a natural extension of loving fabric-all the patterns and colors that can so beautifully be layered together. Sometimes I will pick out fabric and it will look wonderful together as fat quarters but when I cut the fabric into shapes sometimes it doesn't go together as well as I would hope. It is kind of amazing that way-I love black and white fabric especially stripes and polka dots. So I designed a whole serious of cards with that theme.


This last summer though while fabric shopping with a friend of mine I came across some gorgeous paisley in a teal and green fabric, not normal fabric that I would love but this piece just jumped right out, so of course I had to find a few pieces to go along-I have designed other cards now besides hearts but I always make hearts year round. I like to collect fabrics and have been dabbling in now actually sewing projects and not just card making! It is always fun to design new shapes to do of course I love Snowmen and have also done apples and pumpkins.

Nature is great to recreate in fabric and there is nothing nicer than receiving a handmade card!






No comments:

Post a Comment