If you change the way you look at things the things you look at change-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hopping By to Say Hi

Every year I think I am going to make fun Easter cards-I love bunnies and have some great stamps and sayings and usually Easter comes and goes and all I did was gaze lovingly at them.  This year I figured I have until the end of April- one day last week I was enjoying the warmth of the sun and the blue sky and was inspired to get out my paper and fun embellishments and start creating! There is just something fun and reminiscent of childhood in the face of the Easter bunnies!  It always amazes me how different the same items look with different paper combination's.  Some things you think will look just fabulous together then you get them put together and the overall effect isn't quite what you wanted-that is the great thing about paper you can make all kinds arrangements fairly inexpensively!  There are punches of color that can be added and touches of ribbon and chalk or pen work that can add just that little touch to make things come together!  I am still working on that-I either have too much or too little.  Sometimes I just have to put the card away for a while until I can get it right-it usually does come together with a little time away from staring at the same image staring back!  I think that creating helps keep you calm-I know for a fact that when I am stressed out I can't create very well. So I figure if I create everyday I will be a happier more productive person...at least in theory right?   For me creating is like eating good chocolate-an event to savor and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! She's alive! Hi Suzanne! So glad to see you making cards and posting! And thanks for analyzing Pauline's paper...it's exciting!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete